Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's Wednesday.....It has been a crazy busy week so far! Hope it is going well for all of you!
Last Sunday the Bishop presented a wonderful meeting. He covered three things of which we should be striving for. Being prepared was number one. We need to be working on our three month supply of food, money etc. If you were here during Katrina....you must remember the joy of having food and water stored in our homes. What a blessing it was. One of the most wonderful items to have in your home in an addition to food and water to me was baby wipes. It was so hot and water for bathing not so easily available. Baby wipes could cool you down and make you feel clean and wonderful. Also the disinfecting wipes were wonderful to wipe down the kitchen counters and bathrooms. It was so hot you know those little germs were having a happy time all over our homes. Just my two cents worth!
Bishop also encourged us to be a PRO by Praying, Reading the scriptures and being Obedient!
And he passed around the "Iron" rod for us to hold on to. A wonderful reminder...it is certainly easy to let go and wonder away form the our true destination. He did a wonderful presentation!
Next Sunday Beth Berry will be teaching in RS. Her topic is serving in the church.
We want to welcome Sis. Jaime Connor as our new 2nd Counselor in RS. Her husband is in the Navy and they are living on the CB Base. She has four children and their last assignment was Hawaii! How blessed can you be? Sis. Connor will be working with Melanie Wade in making our extra RS meetings the best ever.
We sure will miss Susan. She and her family are moving to Montana. She is the most deligthful person and has done a wonderful job in RS these past four years. We love her and will miss her very much. Remember her home is forsale or rent. They are willing to sell the house for what they owe on it. It has been apprased at over 250 thousand but they will see it for less than 185 thousand. It is a wonderful home!!! Check it out!
Also, Bro. and Sis. Oatman are selling their home. I do not know the details. It is also a lovely home. Bro. Oatman has been reassigned to Florida. He has already moved there. Sis. Oatman is the YW's President. She is a wonderful dedicated sister. We will miss her also!
I hope you all have wonderful rest of the week!
I haven't heard if Sis. Waits is still in the hospital. I will check on her today and let you know!
I am sure I am forgetting some info I should be sharing...so it you know of something let me know!
Anyone have thoughts on making this a little better let me know. I am limited in my abilities in this knowlwdge of the blog world and would appreciate any help I can get!
Thanks!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment