Saturday, November 27, 2010

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! And if you went shopping on Black Friday I hope you were able to get all the wonderful things you were wanting to buy! Me...I did it a few times and that was enough for me. It is fun and exciting however!!!
I want to thank those who came to the RS Super Saturday. The day was wonderful and if you didn't come you really missed a fun time. Sis. Jaime Connor and Sis. Melanie Wade did so much to make it fun for all. Thanks also to my sweet husband and the Bishop for helping in the nursery. We had some wonderful soup and the recipe for the Chicken soup is in the December RS newsletter. I will be including the Taco soup Beth made in the blog today if I do not forget to type it in.
Remember to keep Sis. Grimes, Sis. Louise Whitehead, Sis. Alice Barkum and The Oakerson Family in your prayers.....and any others who may have a special need for prayers at this time.
And be kind to everyone...so many of us have big struggles at this time. Thank you!!!

TACO SOUP

1 pound of lean ground beef
1 can corn
1 can chili bean
1 can black beans
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
1 package dried ranch dressing mix
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Put all into a crock pot except Cheese. Do not drain cans. Cook on high...stirring occasionally for 2 to three hours on high or until ground beef is cooked and tender. Add Cheese and stir until melted. serve. You may top it with corn chips if desired.
*To cook it on the stove....crumble and cook ground beef. When ground beef is cooked add all the remianing ingredients except cheese, bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes. Add cheese..stir until melted and serve.

I hope you enjoy it!
I will get Sis. Connor recipe for her chili and post it soon.
Have a wonderful day!
We will see you Sunday!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment